Tema i min blogg

14. mai 2007

En bønn

I thank you, Lord, for my birth and everything that has followed.
I thank you, Lord, for today and I will pray for tomorrow.
I thank you, Lord, for the love of my life and a friend.
I made a promise and I will love my wife till the end.
I thank you for your guidance ‘cause that’s all that counts,
And right here, right now, Lord, this is your house.
I thank you for a dream that came through to light
And I ask you to bless everyone in this room tonight.
I don’t always do the right thing and I ask you to forgive me
‘cause I need you here with me, without you my life is empty.
I think back how some people did me wrong, like violence was a remedy
And because I think of them now, I will pray for my enemy.
It’s not because of what I’ll do, but because they don’t know:
It’s something better after this, but everybody won’t go.
So I beg you to forgive them and we’ll hope they’ll see
And I thank you for the love they have given to me.
I will not abuse it, nor will I lead them astray
‘cause I love them like children I see everyday
and I pray…… NO, we pray together
you get us through that bad weather and I will love you forever.
Let your thought and my heart walk hand in hand.
Our first thought what you start, now we stand a man.
And as long I can, however long you promite me:
Please…
Give me the strength I need to live…
Bare with me.
AMEN

Ingen kommentarer: